This is a fabulous piece of British Studio Pottery dating from the 1960s.
It takes the form of large flat bowl which has been decorated with an intricate incised abstract pattern all over the base - and with raised areas brushed with glossy white, grey and dark grey glazes.
Diameter just under 9 inches - by just over an inch in height.
Price unpacked is 930 grams.
It is in excellent vintage condition with no chips or cracks.
The Newlyn Harbour Pottery was founded by Dennis Lane in the late 1950s and closed about 1969.
Dennis Lane's gallery and shop was on The Strand in Newlyn opposite the fishmarket.
Pieces are usually impressed with "NEWLYN HARBOUR POTTERY". Sometimes he also added his "DL" monogram.
Before starting the Newlyn Harbour Pottery, Dennis was at Pesthouse Common, Richmond in Surrey from 1956 to 1957.
In 1970, Dennis transferred to Trevithal Studio in Trevithal near Paul and retired in 1985.
It pre-dated other Newlyn Potteries such as Celtic and Troika.
Examples are in the Penlee House, Gallery and Museum, Penzance.
This is a particularly nice piece - and marked to the base with the Newlyn impressed mark.